Monday, December 21, 2009

Advent Calendar Dec 21st - Christmas Music

I remember having the Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas record as a child and it could only be played once and while Grandpa wasn't in the house. {smile} Otherwise, our Christmas music was whatever played on the radio, which was usually tuned to a country station. I do recall the year that "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" came out as my grandfather thought it was absolutely hysterical. Grandma, on the other hand, not so much!

After I moved away from home, I slowly started collecting Christmas music cd's. I am a huge country music fan so it includes Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley and Garth Brooks. But we also listen to the big band era including a Glenn Miller Christmas album as well as Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra. It just wouldn't be Christmas without listening to "White Christmas" as well as watching him sing it in the movie of the same name.

Over the years we have amassed quite a collection of Christmas music which is enough to load into the 10-disc changer and set it to random. I can listen to a variety of songs for hours on end. This year I did that while decorating the tree and then another full afternoon of music while baking and cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment