Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Advent Calendar Dec 23rd - Christmas Sweetheart Memories

My husband and I met in college. We had known each other for a short period of time before we actually started dating. It started around Thanksgiving and I wasn't sure what would come of it, if anything. By Christmas, things were progressing well and we decided to exchange gifts after our Christmas break. That gave me a reprieve to go home and be able to shop for something at a major mall rather than the few shops in our small college town.

I remember the anxiety of trying to pick out the perfect gift. Something that was nice but that didn't say too much. He was close to graduation so I finally settled on a nice tie tack, thinking he would need that in his chosen career. I had no idea what to expect from him but felt this was appropriate given the brief period we'd really known each other. He gave me a very nice watch which I still have but no longer wear. I think he still has that tie tack, too.

That was 16 years ago. We have been married for 12 years and have two beautiful children. At the time I had no idea where it would lead, but am now so happy where it has gone and look forward to what the future may hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment