Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Happy Day - A Happy Award


Joan, from Roots'n'Leaves in my neighboring state of Oregon, was kind enough to give me my very first blog award earlier this week, the Happy 101 Sweet Friends award. I was very honored to be among the wonderful group of bloggers she selected as well as many of the other fabulous geneabloggers who have received this award. Due to real-life commitments that got the better of me this week, I am long overdue in acknowledging this award. As a result, all of the blogs I would consider for this award are already recipients.

I follow a variety of other blogs for my other interests of scrapbooking, paper crafting, and reading. However, my favorite blog is written by my dear friend Heather. We have been friends since college where first we were co-workers, then fellow classmates, and finally dearest of friends. She suffered a tragedy nearly two years ago when her fiance passed away suddenly and tragically after a heart attack. Since that time, she has been coping with her grief by writing, something that she does quite well. Because Heather's friendship makes me happy, I am very pleased to share this award with her.

Part of the award requires me to list 10 things that make me happy. In no particular order:

1. my perfect-for-me husband
2. kisses and hugs from my two beautiful children
3. warm fuzzy socks
4. reading a wonderful book
5. the joy of having a comment on one of my blog posts
6. the greater joy of a comment or an email from another researcher and/or relative, distant or not
7. a cold glass of milk
8. the cinnamon walnut coffeecake from the Boston Coffee Cake Company - OMG good!
9. making a great family history breakthrough
10. travelling - something I don't get to do often enough but I love to see new places.

I hope that you will visit both Joan and Heather's blogs. You are in for a great read either way.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the award. Also, loved your 10 things and the Boston Coffee Cake sounds soooo good!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete