Monday, February 1, 2010

February Dates in my Family History

The month of February has only a few dates in my family tree:

2nd - death of Conrad Coons Scott, my 2nd great-grandfather, in Desoto, Johnson Co, Kansas.

5th - anniversary of Walter Harmon and Azubah Hyde, my 4th great-grandparents, who were married in New Marlborough, Berkshire Co, Massachusetts in 1818

6th - birthday of Thomas Arthur, my 3rd great-grandfather, who was *supposedly* born in New London, Connecticut in 1825

6th - death of William Michael Greathouse, my 2nd great-grandfather, in Cedar Junction, Johnson Co., Kansas

10th - death of Margaret (Praughard? - maiden name unconfirmed) Struble, wife of Peter Struble, in 1870 in Northfield, Rice Co., Minnesota. Margaret and Peter are my 4th great-grandparents.

11th - death of Amanda Savilla Myers, my 2nd great-grandmother, who died in Clark Co, South Dakota in 1920. She married Homer Eugene Arthur, son of Thomas Arthur mentioned above.

17th - birthday of Rebecca Armstrong, my 2nd great-grandmother, in 1825 in Pennsylvania. She was the wife of Porter J. Harmon, who was the son of Walter and Azubah mentioned above.

18th - birthday of Charles Lafayette McNeill, my great-grandfather, who was born in 1886 in Snow Creek, Mitchell Co, North Carolina.

21st - death of Medina Scherer, my 3rd great-grandmother, in Arkoe, Nodaway Co, Missouri in 1904 just three days shy of her 71st birthday.

24th - birthday of Medina Scherer, who was born in Indiana (likely Warren Co.) in 1833. Further details about Medina's life can be found at my Orphans post that was written for the Carnival of Genealogy.

1 comment: