Sunday, April 18, 2010

We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming.....

Life in the last few weeks has been hectic, to say the least.  I have just concluded my busiest time of the year at work and am frankly exhausted.  Last week was the culmination of nearly three months of hard work and I wasn't sure how I would make it to the end.  I have just spent this first free weekend since January with my family doing mundane chores, enjoying the beautiful sunshine and even a trip to the local zoo with my kids.  It's amazing to see animal life (or any other kind, for that matter) through the eyes of two curious children. 

I also spent this weekend almost entirely away from the computer.  It was a refreshing change after having been stuck at my desk for three months plugging away on the keyboard.  Please bear with me as I regroup from my work season and my focus turns back to writing about my long-gone ancestors.  During the last few months, I have received some fabulous information on my North Carolina ancestors, "met" a new cousin (via email), and even saw some new photos that put a few missing pieces of the puzzle together.

I have much to share so stick with me as we now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! I can relate! This used to be my busy time of year too. Still is only in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you can get back to your passions --- not that work can't be a passion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I learned long ago that even though I love my work, I definitely need balance in my life. This research is only one of the many things I enjoy away from my work. I only wish I could find more hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear about your new finds. (I've also had issues with a hectic work schedule; some days it's hard to have anything left for research.)

    ReplyDelete